A full programme of events for all ages linked to Small Stories includes our popular Tuesday lunchtime talks series, Family Saturdays and school holiday activities, and special workshops encompassing everything from drama, art, creative writing and crafts. Special introductory tours for groups are available at Norwich Castle and Strangers’ Hall
Programme Highlights :
Norwich Castle events for adults:
- Saturday 4 March – craft and miniatures fair at Strangers’ Hall. An exciting day of demonstrations, activities and craft stalls, focusing on dolls’ houses, miniatures and local makers.
- Friday 5 May & Saturday 13 May, Workshop for Adults, Art in Miniature: Join Garry Pereira in this masterclass for beginning or improving artists. Find out how to reproduce and scale down a favourite painting ready to hang in your own miniature world. All materials provided, but feel free to bring your own.
- Thursday 18 May, Talking Textiles (Norwich Castle Study Centre), The World in Miniature: Showcasing the talents of apprentices in their samples, including plain sewing samplers such as miniature shirts, gloves, drawers, finely embroidered mittens, caps and bootees.
- Six Tuesday lunchtime talks including Cathy Terry, Senior Curator of Social History at Norfolk Museums Service, Jan Roberts from the Dolls’ House Society and Lisa Little, NMS Assistant Curator, Costume and Textiles.
Norwich Castle events for children and families:
- Saturday 6 May, Workshop for Children, Stories from a Dolls’ House Workshop: A special workshop for children age 6-12 years with UEA Drama students.
- Tuesday 4 April & Monday 10 April, Small Stories Live!: Create a mini-adventure for your character doll and animate this small story to produce a short film.
- Thursday 13 April, Mighty Miniatures: Join expert maker Denise Ames in her mini-workshops, and construct and embellish your own piece of dolls’ house furniture.
Strangers’ Hall events
- Workshops on dolls’ house skills with experts at Strangers’ Hall including straw-work ( Friday 24 March) and feather-work dolls’ house furniture ( Friday 28 April) and how to make miniature books ( Friday 12 May).
- Easter holidays and May half term The House that Dolly built: a changing programme of craft activities based on dolls’ houses for families
- Wednesday 12 April Betty’s Dolls Hospital drop-in clinic
- Wednesday 31 May For the Love of Lego family event
- Wednesday 7th & Friday 9th June Behind the Scenes visits with Strangers’ Hall curators
For full information on events please follow this link
Booking : 01603 495897